Sunday, December 2, 2012

One slice of humble pie for me please

As this year draws to a close, I can't help but reflect on what a roller coaster ride it's been. I started the year by bringing my Bestie Gen into Summer Cottage to share a space with me, which was quickly followed by me taking a large space at French Hen Antiques. Talk about having a Tiger by it's tail...I definitely got drug along by the pace of that expansion and soon found myself giving up my space at Summer Cottage, in order to concentrate my efforts at French Hen.

Now after months of really working my butt off, I've come to the tough decision to leave French Hen and return to Summer Cottage and a much smaller space. I'm so glad I went through the process of trying the larger space, I completely surprised myself with what I was able to produce. However, after months of knocking things off my "mom" list in trade for my "antique dealer" list I started to really question where this all was leading.

So here I am, starting over...again. I don't mind though, I feel relieved, renewed and ready for some new adventures. This time around, I think I'll work on being the captain of my own ship, that way I can dictate the pace.

To Brenda (owner of French Hen) I wish nothing but success and prosperity. So many people love your shop...I hope your business continues to grow and enrich the community.

To Summer Cottage Antiques, I'm so grateful to be returning. As the saying goes, Many hands make light work. I really missed the network of dealers and how we all take care of each other.

To my bestie Gen, TO WANDA!!! 



1 comment:

  1. TO WANDA! To 2013 holy cow it's gonna be BIG...you know it:) I am more than thrilled to be back where "we" belong. No words friend I love you no words xxoo
    P.S.
    It's gonna be awesome!

    ReplyDelete