Thursday, December 13, 2012

Back to reality

To say it's been a whirlwind of a week would be an understatement. I literally didn't get out of bed until two o'clock yesterday afternoon. I'm working on getting some pictures of the event to share...of course I didn't take any pictures of anything finished.


Boxes of milk paint and books
The church in process of being set up
Garland and a great box for staging
My chalkboard in process

My truck....stuffed to the gills!!!

 
It was an incredible, jam packed day. Honestly, I'm still trying to mentally process all that I was exposed to, learned and realized. After seeing Marian's first post about her visit and her stay at our local Metro Hotel here in Petaluma, I think I mostly feel proud and privileged. Sometimes when you see the view of your hometown through someone else's lens, you get a better understanding of the bounty that your community has to offer.

In regards to Marian, she was wonderful in person. At the end of the day, she's just a very talented, very real person. Both her and her husband are so down to earth and humble. I truly walked away with a sense that if she can do it...then so can I. What "it" is for me...remains to be determined.

I'll be sharing a lot this week about the event, Summer Cottage, projects that I've completed with MMS milk paint and other inspirational stories from the day and who I met.

No comments:

Post a Comment