Friday, December 7, 2012

I'm obsessed!!!

I've decided that I'm obsessed with chalkboards!!! I've been slowly nurturing this fetish...and recently I'm finding that I think there should be one in every room in my house.

My husband built a huge chalkboard for French Hen....which I've had soooo much fun playing with. Every month I change out the theme, it's also a great way to get the word out about community events.

I'm not really a good artist, most of my ideas are adaptations of other artwork I've found online. I google images of a subject I'm interested in and use that as the jumping off point. The great thing about chalk art is that it's so forgiving. I do a lot of "blending" with my fingers and if you mess up, just erase that section and start over.

I think the best part about a chalkboard is that in encourages you to create. Let's face it...it's such a bummer to be a grown up sometimes. There's something about having a piece of chalk in hand and a blank canvas that is absolutely liberating!

With the help of my hubbie I made several chalkboards in all different sizes that I'll be bringing to my new space in Summer Cottage. So if you're looking for a gift or something for yourself come pick one up...or make one for yourself (I'll have to do a little how-to post). I can't think of a better gift than one that inspires creativity.

No comments:

Post a Comment