Monday, December 17, 2012

Deep Thoughts Monday

This morning I'm finding myself with a rare private and peaceful moment. My hubbie was able to head into work later than usual, so he took the girls into school. Which has left me still in my jammies in an empty quiet house. It feels like about a million years since this has happened.

There has definitely been a lot to have "deep thoughts" about lately. With everything that's been happening on a national basis I'm struggling to put into words the depth of sadness I feel for the families in Connecticut and for all of humanity collectively. I've chosen to avoid the news, not read the paper and face book seems like a virtual minefield of "tributes". I don't want to give one single breath of energy to the profit or sensation of that ill fated day.

Today and all days forth I choose to do more than just hold my children tight...because that's just not enough. I choose to hold them to a higher standard of compassion, understanding and humility. How do you make a difference? Start with your children, because they truly are the ones who will pay it forward.

No comments:

Post a Comment