Wednesday, May 30, 2012

STOP!!!! There's a Barn Sale!

"Barn Sale" two words that I love to see! Why are barn sales better? Bigger items, older treasures and more rusty crusties versus the baby clothes and old board games.

We happened upon just such a sale yesterday, "Stop Babe...there's a sale!" Picture brake lights and me jumping out of the truck mid-road. Awesome sale...lots of little treasures marked for 10 cents or 50 cents! You really don't find prices like that anymore. But what I really fell in love with were these two butcher blocks.

I love how worn these pieces are. When you're in a business that surrounds you with faux aging...it's nice to find things that have been genuinely used for years and years.

Sid is washing them today and treating both with some oil, then I'll be moving them into French Hen.

I also picked up this buffet....

I painted it grey....what else? Stay tuned, I'll be updating with "after" shots of all these pieces in a day or two! Until then, I hope you find a great sale or two yourselves!

No comments:

Post a Comment