Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Welcome to French Hen Antiques

So I've been feeling a little like a chicken with her head cut off. I'm trying to take each day in stride, remembering that there are only so many hours in a day and I do have to sleep a least a few of them.

I'm working at French Hen Antiques so I thought I would take a moment to introduce you to the shop.

Brenda Maher owns and operates this lovely shop on Petaluma Blvd North here in downtown Petaluma. Once in the door, you'll see that Brenda has fashioned the store in a very open and airy way. There's plenty of room to mill about, browsing and taking in all of the unique pieces the shop has to offer. I'm really thrilled to be a contributor here.


The Buffet I wasn't sure about is pictured above.
You can see some before pictures of this piece in my post titled "Meat & Potatoes"

I love the high ceilings and bright light that filters in through the front windows. But I won't lie...it's been a challenge to adjust to the scale of the space. Over at Summer Cottage, I'm a seasoned "pro" (I use that term loosely). Here in the new space, I'm definitely still trying to get my "sea legs" so to speak. On a positive note, the space really elevates my pieces. My hubby keeps saying...I thought that was pretty ugly until you got in there. Thanks babe. On the other hand, flaws seem to stick out like a sore thumb. Hmmmmm.....I guess I have to up my game. I had a pity party moment, when I got really deflated by a buffet I brought in...it just didn't look like I wanted it to in the space. I'm choosing to persevere and keep a can-do attitude. Hopefully, this old dog can learn some new tricks.


On another front, where I do know what I'm doing...me and Gen have been revamping our space at Summer Cottage. And we have some really cute new pieces in. And I did a fun window display with just barn wood, farm equipment and ironstone. I'm a sucker for the romance of this combination.
Summer Cottage Antiques

Challenged but content...I guess that's where I'm at right now.

Update: The buffet I didn't love...sold and I could have sold it three times over. So I guess I have to just go with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment