Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Makeover underway...An update:

If you paint enough with ASCP you start to get bored with the colors on the market. And because chalk paint is so popular with people in my business, you end up seeing a lot of carbon copies. Sometimes, I feel like I'm drowning in a sea of Paris Grey. What's a girl to do? Mix it up! Literally....

One of my favorite colors in the ASCP line is Duck Egg. I think it's sort of a robin's egg/aqua hybrid. One day, I was in a reckless mood so I mixed the Duck Egg and Paris Grey together....and Grey Duck was born. Or Paris Egg? Whatever, I'm obviously thinking too much about this.
My well cared for paint cans
Disposable Tupperware makes a great container for paint

Anyway, Grey Duck is the color I choose to paint my little side table project. I love this color with Annie Sloan Dark wax applied over it, which BTW, dramatically changes the end color. So here's the update photo with one coat...which I think is plenty because I primed my little piggy ;)
The dark wax will really nestle in the grooves of the legs and these little floral/sunburst details at the top. I'll walk you through the sanding and waxing next post.

No comments:

Post a Comment