Monday, October 8, 2012

Deep Thoughts


I haven't watched Saturday Night Live in a long time....but one of the things I do remember is the "Deep Thought" clips. They always cracked me up and I thought that would be a good seg-way into my own "deep" thoughts.

I admit, I'm an overachiever when it comes to self analysis. I'm definitely my own harshest critic and at times it can be really debilitating. With the seasons changing and lots on my mind lately. I'm finding myself on the presuppose of change. With a heavier work load and growing children my expectations for myself and my family are changing. I still have trouble thinking of myself as a "working" mother...but I certainly am. But that doesn't make it any easier to ask for more help from the kids and hubby. Old habits die hard...and most days I just feel like I'm drowning in a sea of dirty dishes. Hmmmmm, what to do? Chore chart? Nervous breakdown? Tears usually get my hubbies attention. A maid....definitely a maid. Right?

In the end, I just have to speak up and ask for more help. I need to keep reminding myself that delegation is not a sign of weakness.

No comments:

Post a Comment