Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Housework...The never ending story

image via

Sometimes I feel like I'm drowning in a sea of dirt. Be it laundry, dishes, cob webs or just clutter in general I never seem to have everything clean at once. I'd like to interject here that my standards are not very high, I'm just talking about an empty kitchen sink or seeing the rare and elusive bottom of the laundry basket.

I feel like I'm stuck in the same problem areas all the time (kitchen/laundry room/living room) while some rooms, I literally won't step foot into for a week at a time. I want to feel like I've collectively gotten every room clean at the same time...I know, fantasy island, right?

So I've devised a new plan, I'll let you know if it works, today is Day One of a 30 day personal challenge.
5 minutes, every room, everyday! That's it!
My Aunt always says to just do little bits everyday and it will add up, so I'm hoping that rings true. My strategy is to choose a different cleaning activity to power out on everyday. Today's mission; eliminate garbage and items for donation. So I'm going to hit every room with two bags, one for trash, one for the goodwill.

Five minutes, every room, everyday....in my house this equals one hour so we'll see what I can accomplish. I'll keep you posted. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment