Saturday, March 3, 2012

What's in a name?


Why French Toast? So for years I struggled with what sort of business name I liked. What was the perfect name for me. I wanted something cool, something that stuck with you. Something that bespoke of quality and pi nosh. Somewhere along the line I realized that it's really you and what you present that gives these qualities to a business. In one of my many brain storming sessions I came up with French Toast.
I wanted french in the name, because everything "french" is the bomb right now, but I also realized I'm just not that classy. I'm quirky, you might even say a little off beat. So a play on words seemed more my style. In life, I'm toast....regular, not fancy, toast. But that's not to say with a little egg, cinnamon and sugar I can't be elevated to something splendid (metaphorically speaking, that is).
In the end, I was showing my friend Steve Luck all my name concepts. He said, "I like French Toast Em". So I believed him....you know what, I like it too. Personal note: Thank you Steve for bringing out the risk taker in me!
And so French Toast was born!
A very special thank you has to be given to Lisa Kasch at PaperWhite here in Petaluma. Lisa took my concept and made it special. After all, what's a girl without a good logo?

1 comment: