Monday, January 23, 2012

Welcome Spring...

I've always had the tendency to "jump the gun" on seasons. I'm usually planning for Halloween in July, singing Christmas carols before Thanksgiving and I consider January 1st the beginning of spring.

I over anticipate the holidays in part because I'm an antique dealer. I'm usually planning my next store display or hunting for those special seasonally related pieces months before the actual event. Or maybe patience is just not a virtue I possess.

Since we've only just begun to get rain in my area, after a long cold/dry spell, I have a feeling that a sunny spring is still a ways off. Since I'm impatient, I thought I'd share how I've "forced" a little spring in my house.


In under 15 minutes and for less than five bucks, I've "forced" springs early arrival. I started with a six pack of purple pansies and a mini daffodil, picked up at my local grocery store.


Since I don't plan on this arrangement lasting for more than a few weeks, I've chosen a pretty silver bowl to plant in. However, if you'd like yours to last I would suggest a small pot, something with better drainage and room to grow.

First I put some small rocks in the bottom of the bowl to help create a little drainage.


Next a small amount of dirt...then I packed those little plants in!



Lightly water, think warm, sunny thoughts and enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. Nice Touch of Spring Emily! Hope all is well and see you soon! Loves, Steve

    ReplyDelete