Thursday, January 19, 2012

Country = Cobwebs

I sometimes have to laugh (to myself) when I tell people that I live on a 1,000 acre ranch. As people ooh and ahh over how great my country life must be, I know that in their minds they picture something much different than my reality. Probably, the quintessential farmhouse with a wrap-around porch, miles of perfect white fences and happy farm animals blissfully roaming the green rolling hills.

Don't get me wrong, I really wouldn't trade my country lifestyle for town living...although I do sometimes fantasize about having a paved driveway. The thing "town" people just don't get about living on a ranch is....it's dirty!

Which leads me to my prompt; Country = Cobwebs

Constantly dirty floors, dust that provides the perfect canvas on the television screen for my kids to draw in and wood chips on the carpet from the "romantic" fireplace. All of this I can manage, but the cobwebs, let's just say they're ferocious! I haven't figured out how to upload photo's on this blog yet, so I'll have to just try and paint the mental picture for you.


If I wanted to I could make a full time job out of trolling for webs...but I'm busy/lazy, so I usually just get the most obvious ones. However, if you were to pull back a curtain or check the corner of a infrequently used door....OMG, talk about arachnophobia!!! I've considered using them for additional shelving. I kid you not, I think some of those webs could easily support the weight of my cell phone.

Yes folks, I live in a "REAL" Romantic Country Home.

All that said, I wouldn't trade it....not even for a paved driveway.

1 comment: